clueTip plugin allows you to easily show a fancy tooltip when the user's mouse hovers over (or, optionally, clicks on) any element you designate in your script. If the element includes a
title attribute, its text becomes the heading of the clueTip.
Tooltipster is a lightweight jQuery plugin that enables you to easily create clean, HTML5 validated tooltips.
* Supports HTML tags inside the tooltip
* Lightweight and degradable
* Extremely flexible & fast to set up
* Easily styled with 100% CSS - no images needed
* Plays nicely with IE
Tipsy is a jQuery plugin for creating a Facebook-like tooltips effect based on an anchor tag's title attribute.
aToolTip is a simple jQuery tooltip.
* Lightweight (only 4kb uncompressed)
* Easy to use Choice of fixed, on click or follow mouse tooltip
* Highly customizable
* Compatable with Firefox 2.5+, Safari, Opera, Chrome and Internet Explorer 6, 7 & 8
PowerTip features a very flexible design that is easy to customize, gives you a number of different ways to use the tooltips, has APIs for developers, and supports adding complex data to tooltips. It is being actively developed and maintained, and provides a very fluid user experience.
Colortip is a simple jQuery tooltip plugin. It is going to convert the title attributes of elements withing your page, into a series of colorful tooltips. Six color themes are available, so you can easily match it with the rest of your design.
Sweet Tooltip is a jQuery & CSS3-based tooltip, not merely a one-style tooltip but seven. This imageless tooltips are crafted using CSS power, linear-gradient, box-shadow, text-shadow, :after and :before selector, etc.